View September 2010 Trip Map Follow me live with SPOT GPS Tracker

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shake Down

Went for a shakedown ride last week while camping with my ADV friends.   Nothing shook off...that is good news.  The bike ran great and scrubbed in my new tires/scored by brake pads.  I also had to adjust my X-Ring chain for the first time since installation approximately 6k mi ago, much better compared to a roller chain I regrettably used on my Southern Sojourn with Dad.

Spruce Knob Pic Courtesy of GS_ADV_PILOT


Big Cheese


I have my gear "organized" on my living room floor and will take a pic or two this evening to test the posting from phone>blog.  I will be leaving tomorrow, Friday Sept 3rd, with visions of the unknown mountains, smells of Pinyon Pine, Aspen and the humidity of the crashing Pacific Palisades swirling in my dreams.  I will be the same person when I return but my desire to travel will inevitably grow, a flower of freedom blossoming under a sidewalk of employment and possessions.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Mike, it was a good ride!
    And nothing shook off, but we may have lightened our bikes by a few molecules as we whipped our way through some of those twisties :~} especially up to Spruce Knob!

    ReplyDelete